In the event of a player injury on court and/or in the basketball stadium, please review the following Notification of Injury steps to be undertaken:
- The injury should be documented on the score sheet including the nature of the injury (i.e. leg, arm, head), date and time it occurred, first aid/ambulance assistance
- Any supporting photos, notes or witness details should also be noted where relevant
- The Coach or Team Manager should contact a Committee Member ASAP and inform them of the injury – see contact numbers below
- The Committee Member fills out the Basketball Victoria Personal Injury Claim Form (requiring a Committee members’ declaration) and is to arrange for the player, parent/guardian or medical contact person to also complete the form
- The Claim Form is submitted to:
Proclaim Pty Ltd
Locked Bag 32012
Collins Street East
02 9287 1302
In the event of a player injury occurring during a training session, injuries should be reported in writing by the Coach or Team Manager to a Committee Member in accordance with points 1) and 2) above.
NOTE: Please be advised that an injured player must be a paid member for the current season to be covered by insurance.
Only one claim form per injury is required. A claim form should be completed and submitted as soon as it is made aware that the injured person will be making a claim. There is no need to wait until after treatment of the injury has been completed to lodge the claim form.
This page was last updated 18 April 2018.